Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A Night Out

I recently went to an area function and met up with a friend I hadn't had a chance to talk to in quite awhile. We spoke at length about my books and upcoming projects. It was a wonderful experience to sit and talk to one of my readers about my books.

It was humbling to know that someone put the time and effort into reading my books. AND, amazingly, she remembered quite a bit of information about the characters I created. She even gave the books to her daughter who finished reading it in two days.

She accomplished what I couldn't - the ability to give me a sense of renewed energy and focus regarding my work.

With all the negatives that go along with publishing a book (you know what I mean, we've all been there), it's nice to have someone say, "Hey, your books don't totally suck."


Thank you, Susan Ketron, for giving me that renewed sense of perseverance.

It was a great evening.
                                                              Susan                     Me

No comments:

Post a Comment