Sunday, September 18, 2011

Giddings Texas Word Wrangler Festival

Recently, my husband and I went to Giddings, Texas for a book signing. I wasn't sure what to expect but I knew that I would use the experience as a learning tool. Being able to look at other author's tables and books was an exciting experience.

But the one thing that stood out last Friday was the people of their community and the volunteers in the library. It was an amazing sight to hear the people talk of their town in such a loving way. True small town values were present not only in the adults that visited but also in the students from their schools.

My husband and I left town with renewed faith in people and their compassion and want to do good for others. We truly felt like part of their family if only for a little while or at least until next year came around and we could go again.

If you have the chance to be a part of that festival, you should do what you can to attend. We sold our books, made wonderful friends, and were a part of something that will stay with us for a long long time.

Thank you Giddings Public Library.

No comments:

Post a Comment